January 2, 2015

Holiday Round-Up

Well the holidays have been a whirlwind of family and food and friends. We hosted Thanksgiving for 15 people and I cooked the biggest turkey I have ever seen.

The Table Before
The Table After 
Christmas was much more low key. We spent Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day C’s family came up and we went out for yummy Chinese food at Zien Hong (new favorite Chinese restaurant). I did make a buche de noel which was really fun (and yummy).


Family Picture!
Buche de Noel!
We kept the decor pretty minimal this year, Left the twinkle lights up from thanksgiving and had a rosemary tree on the mantel. I only hung ornaments that I had been gifted this year, and of course we displayed all the lovely Christmas Cards we received.


New Years Eve was a progressive party of awesome friends. First we went to one friends house for dinner. Then to another friends house for a pre-NYE/birthday party, and then back to our house for the midnight countdown. So much fun!


Cheers!
Home made New Year's Banner
Now I am ready to take 2015 head on. I haven’t been doing a whole lot of sewing, and I've been so busy with other stuff that the sewing I have done hasn't been documented. I want to try and be better about that in 2015. I am going to set a goal for myself to post here twice a month.

What are your goals for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment