September 30, 2014

Colette Myrtle

This is my hack of the Colette Myrtle dress. It is a lovely, easy pattern but the fabric I got for it just did not have enough drape and the cowl neckline was not flattering. Instead I gathered the neckline, hacked off a chunk of it and added two small ruffles. I wore the heck out of this dress all summer. It was really lightweight and breathed well.

I have been wanting to take pictures of this dress but haven’t gotten around to it, but then last week my friend posted pictures from her beautiful August wedding and there was this cute one of C and I playing giant jenga. Bingo, dress in the wild. So here you go, not the best picture of the dress ever, but you get the idea, and I get one more un-blogged sewing project off my list.



No comments:

Post a Comment