January 22, 2015

Pink Baby Quilt

I made a quilt for a friend who is due at the end of February. This is a quilt that I made years ago. The stars are from a block of the month class that I took and I really liked that block so I made a whole quilt of them.


I bought the backing fabric at Cool Cottons during their “we don’t want to count it for inventory sale”

Backing fabric is a Kaffe Fassett. Quilt label is hand lettered with sharpie.

I had the whole thing pieced and sandwiched, and then I couldn’t decide how I wanted to quilt it. I tried some hand quilting, but I couldn’t get my stitches even. So the whole thing sat in the WIP pile for years.

There are lobsters and octopi!

In October my friend announced that she was having a girl. Finally this quilt could have a recipient, instead of just “oh I liked the colors together.” I was inspired by a quilt Sam Hunter showed off at PMQG. It ended up being pretty easy to quilt, and I really like how it turned out.



I actually showed it to my friend at Thanksgiving, because I wanted to make sure she didn’t completely hate it. (People can have very strong feelings about pink.) The baby shower is next weekend (and I’m hosting!) so it will head off to it’s new home soon. I hope the baby likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment